Monday 11 to Friday 15 October 2021
- 5 Days £295
- No single supplement on allocated singles
- Sea view supplement £20
- Premier sea view supplement £40
- Holiday insurance £23
The Isle of Wight may be just five miles off the mainland, but it’s a different world. Nowhere in the country can match the Isle of Wight for geographical variety. It is as if all the best natural assets of southern England have come together to be exhibited on one 23 miles long and 13 miles wide stretch of land. All along the coast, you will find quiet fishing harbours and seaside villages, along with stretches of golden sand and unspoilt beaches. Inland you will find an abundance of winding paths, peaceful woods and rolling countryside with breath-taking views wherever you go.
MONDAY: We travel to Lymington for the ferry crossing to Yarmouth and continue our journey to Shanklin and the Ocean View Hotel.
- An excursion to the capital of the island, Newport. Our drive back to Shanklin will take in a visit to Godshill, a quintessential English village which boasts some of the oldest architecture on the Isle of Wight. With its delightful medieval church, charming thatched-roofed cottages and a winding main-street lined with traditional tearooms.
- A scenic island tour today with stops throughout the day taking in Ventnor, Alum Bay, Yarmouth – Cameras at the ready!
- A short day to Osborne House, It is impossible to imagine a “prettier spot” – such were the words of Queen Victoria after her first visit to Osborne on the Isle of Wight. No trip to the island would be complete without a visit to this royal seaside palace where Queen Victoria lived with her beloved Prince Albert and their nine children. For clients not wishing to visit Osbourne House, the coach will take you to Cowes where you can travel over the chain-link ferry into the town. Return to Shanklin to enjoy our host resort.
FRIDAY: Depart the Ocean View and travel to Yarmouth for the return crossing to Lymington. We continue through the New Forest, back home for late afternoon/early evening.
Please Note: Admissions and fares are not included in the price unless stated below.
OCEAN VIEW HOTEL, SHANKLIN ***
An elegant hotel commanding magnificent views across Sandown Bay, ideally situated for the facilities and amenities in the town centre and Old Shanklin Village. The hotel has a bar lounge, swimming pool and a full-sized snooker table. All bedrooms are en-suite and are equipped with tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, telephone, television and radio. There will be entertainment during your stay. There is a lift.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
Executive coach travel, 4 night’s dinner, bed and breakfast, return ferry crossings, entertainment and excursion programme.